I am kind of late with this post, I know. But life is crazy at the moment, so many things are going on at the same time. I am in the middle of my master thesis and under a lot of time pressure. While writing the thesis I am also working part time in retail to pay for life, but my head is already at my new job, that forces me to hurry up with my master thesis. So you can imagine how crazy 2017 started for me. Still, I want to put out my goals for this year.
Since I will not be a student for most of this year for the first time in what feels like ages, new years resolutions actually mean something this year. Normally I have goals like “finish all school work on time”, “always prepare your lectures”…and so on. This year is different. So without further ado, here are my goals for 2017:
- finish my master degree // Obvious goal that does not need any further explanation.
- read all the books you bought during the last years // Every time I see an interesting book I buy it, but since I have to read a lot of academic papers, I never have the energy to read a book. Before going to University I used to finish a book every month and I am missing that. Since I will commute to work I will finally have the time to do this. There are 11 books on my shelf, unread, untouched. We will see how well I am doing with this goal.
- save enough money to pay off student loans // Despite common belief, studying in Germany is not entirely free. Every semester you have to pay a fee around 300 Euros in order to stay enrolled. Yes, it is way less compared to other countries, but this is just so that you are still a student. There is no accommodation or food included. You have to pay for that on your own. Since my parents aren’t rich, I got federal financial aid throughout my studying every month, that I will have to pay back by the start of next year. Fun times…
- digitalize all old videos // My father used to tape our every move when we were kids. We have around 30 old tapes lying around that you can only watch on that old recorder it was used to tape with. After a lot of research, I found a method how to digitalize old analog videos. Since you have to play the videos through completely in order to convert it, it takes a lot of time, but it will be so worth it at the end.
- post more regularly on the blog // I started this blog at first for job applying reasons. Now it kind of became a lot of fun and I want to do more for it. Until now, studying and working are not allowing me to put that kind of quality content on here like I would love to. 2017 will allow me to change this.